Friday, May 22, 2009

Final Day in Aruba











Our last day in Aruba was BY FAR our MOST FUN day. We decided to take a Kayak trip to another island in Aruba. So, we paid for a tour, got in our kayak and off we went. Kayaking is much harder out in the ocean than I would have thought. But, it was a lot of fun. The water was so crystal clear you could see right to the bottom the entire time. Once we got to the island we went snorkeling. Our tour guides decided to give us much more than we paid for when they talked us into going snorkeling out past the reef. I was so scared at first but so happy once we got to our destination. After we passed the reef the ocean dropped I think about 60 feet and you could see clear to the bottom. The live coral and all the fishes and sea life was unbelievable. Our crazy local tour guides would swim to the bottom and check things out. One guy brought up a live star fish which we were able to hold, AWESOME!!!! We could not get over that they were out of waterproof cameras and we got NO pictures of this experience. Our tour guides were like little fishes swimming all over while we were fine to hang out on top and watch. It was BEAUTIFUL but about 10 feet further out you could tell the ocean dropped to about 250 feet because it was pitch black. So, I was fine with where we were a black dark ocean with sharks is not my cup of tea. Our tour guide said we were safe because sharks didn't like black people. So these are pictures of our little kayak island adventure. Did I mention paddling home against the current and wind was MUCH harder than getting there. What a workout I wish I could work out that way every day instead of going in by boring basement. I would also rather swim with half naked men than run while watching crap on TV!! WAY FUN TRIP, thanks cuzins for a great time!!




2 comments:

Skye said...

that looks great, too bad it wasn't longer. Prison break is over forever, hopefully we can catch wentworth on another show soon. p.s. i heard riggins is in the new wolverine!

Emily, Jerimy and River said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I'm so jealous!