It was kinda crazy we were there about ten minutes with the orphanage people and then they left. Before they left they told us if Kian starts to cry to take him outside, he loves the outside. Jeff and I looked at each other and said I guess we are on our own. We stayed there for another 20 minutes or so and they explained to us we had 24 hours to decide if we wanted to keep our babies but tomorrow we would meet again and finalize the adoption. It seems nuts you wait for 5 years for this child then you get them and in 5 minutes he is yours alone to care for and in 24 hours he will be ours forever...How amazing is this process that we don't have to draw it out for 6 months to a year. Jeff and John went to Wal-Mart to get Formula, Diapers, Food, etc. Anything that we would need for the boys now that we had them. Jackie and I took the boys to her room and gave them snacks while we waited for the guys. Kian ate so many snacks, this was my first inkling of how hungry my baby was but at this time I just figured it must be lunch time.
When Jeff and John got back, Jeff and I took Kian to our room and sat with him and just tried to get to know him a little bit. We took off layer one which I call his fat suite because it is thick like a snow suite and makes all the Chinese babies who wear them look fat. Later we learned that this suite was a Chinese New Years outfit and you could tell that it was new. We were told that this was a nice gesture for Kian to arrive in such a new suite.
I loved that Kian let me hold him. It took him a little bit to get used to this bottle. We had no idea what kind to use in China and we were given nothing from the orphanage other than the care package we sent to Kian (minus the clothes and little blankie) and a photo book from the foster parents/orphanage. Kian did figure out the bottle soon and ate very well.
At this time I am starting to notice how dirty Kian is and thought it was time for his first bath. For Linda and Chuck this was their second adoption from China. They were told the first time not to take off their clothes for the first day. To much has changed in one day let them keep their clothes and belongings with them. No one told us this so Jackie and I bathed our boys. Linda told us after we had done this why she had not bathed Jayah. This made sense!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment