Today is GOTCHA DAY!!!!
Finally it has arrived!! I was so nervous heading to the Zhengzhou Public Office to pick up our son. I kept thinking what if he does not like us, what if we do not bond, what if, what if??? We were told that all 3 of us families would be taken into a room and we would all get our babies there together.
When we walked into the room there was one little boy sitting with a man. I knew instantly it was Kian without being told. I started to cry as I walked towards him. He was placed in my arms and instantly I knew....
He was mine and I was his.
I stopped crying as best as I could so I would not scare him. He let me hold him and kiss him and just looked at me like I was very strange.
We posed for our pictures and then it was dads turn.
I was so happy that he let both of us hold him. We were told many scenarios where the child may not come to one or both of you and to be prepared.
All I kept thinking was how blessed our we that this darling little boy is ours and he appears to like us.
Jackie and John with new baby Joshua. He liked both of them as well.
A few minutes into this Kian got scared and started to cry. The man who brought him to us handed Jeff a roll and motioned for Jeff to feed it to him. We did and he calmed right down and got much happier.
I thought he looked like a little bird right from the start the way he opened his mouth to eat the bread.
The Fosters with the lady from their orphanage. All of the babies came from different orphanages. Jayah and Kian were actually in Foster Care but all kids came from the Henan Provence.
Kian is smiling after having a roll, we bought him the phone next to me but he wanted nothing to do with it.
New MOMMIES!!
Jackie and Joshua, Brittani and Kian
The Chaney's
Nanny, Linda, Jayah & Chuck Chaney, Orphanage Director
Jayah had a little harder time going to her parents because she was older. Jayah was two and the boys were 16 months old. But in the end she did very well and went to Linda and slowly warmed up to Chuck.

1 comment:
Hey Britt, I've been getting caught up on your life. I can't believe how amazing you and Jeff are. I'm so happy for you guys! I had to control my tears reading this post. He's beautiful!
Post a Comment