We do not have a picture of Kians first bath because he cried through the entire thing and we didn't even think to take a picture. Here he is after getting all lotioned up, nails cut and in clean clothes. I think this was a pretty traumatic event for him and for us.
For it was at this time when I realized how bad off our little boy really was. When we got him I noticed how red and chapped his little cheeks were. When he was naked I realized his hands and face were black compared to his little white body. Also his eye was very small and you could tell it was infected. Naked with his fat suite and three layers of clothes off I realized how skinny Kian was. His bottom was like a newborns it was so small and he was just so skinny. In his orphanage picture he was so fat that they even said in his paperwork that he had eaten himself chubby. I started to wonder where was that boy. 
But, his feet, I started to cry when I saw his feet. They told us that he had some issues with his feet due to the cold but I never expected this...
Several layers of his skin was missing on his big toe and it was oozing with infection.
Other toes had black spots on them or were completely black.
Some toes had big blisters.
Kian was now clean and in good hands with people who love him very much. More so than could have ever been imagined!!
Once we saw Kians feet we took him to see John and Jackie and to ask them if there little boy had anything weird after he had a bath. Joshua was very chubby and appeared to be in great shape. So, we went to find Rita our tour guide and ask her about Kian. We showed her his skin, eye and toes. She to was surprised by his toes and felt like we should take him to the hospital. This scared me, I didn't want to take our new baby to the hospital. But, we did as Rita said and we walked the 20 minutes to a hospital. We could not get a cab and we later learned that the cab drivers were on strike. Rita sped walked to the hospital, it was hard for me to keep up. It had been 7 years since I held a small baby and ran/walked with him. China has crazy drivers and at one time I thought Kian and I would be hit by a bus but Rita got us across the street safely. I was thrilled when we finally got to the hospital. I was exhausted, that was until we walked into the hospital. I looked at Jeff and wanted to cry. It was dark, dirty, and cold nothing like the hospitals in America. We went up the escalator and when we got to the top the elevator opened and a dead man was wheeled out. His face was not covered, again I was fighting back tears. We found out we were in the wrong hospital and walked across the street. We were able to see a doctor quickly. She looked at Kians toes and explained to Rita that it was from being outside in the cold and to keep them dry and put the prescribed medicine on them. This cost us $6.00 to see the doctor and get the medicine. We were shocked by how cheap it was. That was again until we got back to the hotel. Rita had also gotten us some eye drops for Kians eye. We showed the medications to John since he was a pharmacist. He explained that the eye drops were just a Chinese herb and the medicine for his feet was for arthritis pain not a healing cream at all. I was done at this point, emotionally and physically worn out. John gave us some neosporin and told us it would work better.
No comments:
Post a Comment