Monday, March 21, 2011

Checking out Guangzhou

We were excited to check out Guangzhou.  Mainly because it is finally warm, there is vegetation, and a little less pollution.  This town reminds me of Charleston, SC, we were told it was built by the Europeans.
Doing a little Ti Chi or something in the park.
 Couldn't resist taking this picture.  Hate to admit that my butt looks just like this but it does!!
Today we will begin our eating history at Lucy's.  We will eat here way to many times over the next 8 days.  The food is good and they have some American food, I got Fish and Chips and it was yummy.  But by the end of our trip I will not be able to eat Lucy's again!! The boys loved the Chicken Conge along with anything else we were eating.  In China they do not bring out everyones food at once.  John seemed to be the person who always got his food last, the rest of us would be almost done by time the last person got their food, this was a little odd.
If you've adopted from China, I am sure you know Lucy's
Joshua being a good little boy and taking his nap, Kian yep he is still up!!
There are a lot of sculptures here and they seem to depict Westerners and Chinese together, at least that is what I thought!!
View from the River, this is us looking to the other side of the island.
I had to get a picture of this broom.  We saw many people sweeping with these brooms, CRAZY but the place was clean!!

Kian, AWAKE and enjoying his stroll!!
 This was a Christian church, I need to research China a little more I was under the impression that Christian churches didn't exist and that there was not freedom of religion here but I guess I am wrong!!
Good to know they have Police but we never saw them!
These gorgeous parks lined the streets here, and many of them had exercising stations.  We really didn't see any big fat people in China.
Kian in line with his friends!!

It is amazing to see how much they can load on bikes here in China, these water bottles are FULL!!
 Just a reminder of where we are!!
This is the view from our hotel window.
Making progress with my boy, he feel asleep on my chest today and I will get very emotional over this when I tell my family later.  I am so blessed that Kian appears to like us and appears to be bonding with us.  I look mad in this picture, I am not, just tired!
What a fun day, strolling through this beautiful city with friends and so many families who have just gotten wonderful gifts like us.

1 comment:

Skye said...

Kian looks so cute laying on you like that. All the pictures are amazing. And I love the top family picture, it's great.