Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kian LOVES Daddy!!

This was a very fun moment on our trip to get Kian, this is our 2nd night with Kian. Watching him start to bond with his Daddy.  Some of the babies didn't like daddy or men to much but not Kian he loved men from day one.  Even now he will go to most men but no women if men are around. 
Kian liked to chill with Dad on the bed.
We spent a lot of time in our rooms but got out as much as we could.  We learned to cook a lot of things with our boiling water pots.  We made a lot of Chinese noodles, oatmeal, rice cereal, bottles, heated up baby food, etc.  We did eat out a lot but many a meals were had in our hotel rooms.
One of Kians first big smiles!!
He is wearing McKades jammies which was fun remember Mc when he was this age.
Kian is all smiles and we were so happy to see him happy!
It was amazing to have this time with Jeff and Kian.  Every couple should get this with each new child.  2 weeks to bond and spend time with them with no interruptions from the outside world.  Everyone kept asking why we had to stay so long and it was so we could bond (and do lots of paperwork).  I will always cherish this time we had together.
He is just teasing us right now because this night he will sleep very little and we will need a day to recoup from it!! To be honest I will get up early in the morning and go down and cry to Jackie about how bad I feel for Kian and how much I worry about him and what a hard night we had.  Jackie was great and gave me the hugs and words of encouragement I needed.  The Fosters also let us use their computer for the day to Skype McKade.  I really needed to see my sweet son who I was missing so much and to talk to my Mommy!! I am so thankful for Jackie and John I don't know how I would have survived this journey without them.

1 comment:

Mike and Becca said...

oh my gosh, that new family picture is soooooo AWESOME! I am in love with reading your adventure. I cry the whole time, but I love it and I love all the love that little boy is now getting and that he is clean and snuggled.