Sunday, March 6, 2011

First Night with Kian

Getting ready for our first night.  Hey all you Chinese people you would be so proud of me as you can see I have two layers of Pajamas on this kid.  We were told to keep them in at least two layers of clothes in the hotel.  Our room was so hot because we could not control the heat that this felt very rude of me but I wanted to do as I was told!!
Here is a big smile!!  I loved seeing him happy and that he was doing okay with us. 
You can see all the toys and books around.  He wanted nothing to do with them but we tried.  See the doggie blanket.  I crocheted around two of these on the plane ride to China for Joshua and Kian.  (We didn't know Jayah was in our group or Sarah until we arrived in China)
I loved that he let me snuggle him, even though he didn't snuggle back.  It was pure joy just to hold him.
When we got Kian he was almost lethargic in how he would just be limp and straight when you held him up.  Most babies mold to your body but not Kian, it was almost as if he had never been held before and didn't know what to do???
Kian went to bed and he woke up at 11:00PM we fed him a bottle and he cried himself back to sleep.  He cried for about ten minutes.  Then he woke up at 3:00am and again we fed him a bottle and again he cried himself back to sleep.  We don't know what to do when he cries so we feed him and he stops crying.  In the morning we found out that both Joshua and Jayah had slept through the night, lucky us!!

No comments: