Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 11 with Kian, January 20, 2011

John is very sick and has been for the past few days, since the dinner cruise.  So, Jeff and I took both Kian and Joshua on a walk around town so Jackie could get packed.  Joshua walks so he is into everything.  This is my favorite statue in Guangzhou.  It is a little Chines boy holding the head of his dragon costume and a little American boy holding the head of his clown costume.  I feel like it depicts the friendship of the two nations and I hope that Kian will experience this friendship throughout his life.  Jeff and I thought we got a lot of looks with one Chinese kid you should have seen the looks with two Chinese kids.  LOVED IT!!
A few final views of this beautiful city but sadly tainted with pollution.

This river was amazing.  We would watch it each morning as we ate breakfast.  We would see all the things that were hauled down the river, so much hustle and bustle.
Had to steal this picture from Linda, split pants in action.  Yep if they need to go they drop them and go or spread the split pants, FABULOUS!!
Today Linda, Chuck, Jayah, John, Jackie and Joshua will be leaving us.  They were able to go to the consulate a day earlier than us.  We go to the consulate today therefore we cant leave until tomorrow when our paperwork is done.  We all got together in the hall and talked and let the kids play until it was their time to leave.  I was doing ok until I hugged Jackie and then I just started to cry, oh how I will miss this amazing woman.  She has been such a strong, beautiful, humble example to me in my life.  She has always dreamt of helping a child with special needs, she is the example of what a Christian woman is and should be.  I cry now writing this thinking of her and the bond we have developed here in this wonderful country.  I can't imagine eating breakfast tomorrow without her and her sweet family.  Oh how I wish I were going home tonight with them.  We opted out of seeing them off downstairs, one goodbye was hard enough.  We stayed in our room awhile until we went with Beth to Starbucks...

No comments: