Monday, March 21, 2011

The Chen House

The Chen house is an academy in honor of the Chen name, the oldest name in Guangzhou.  Here the 4 main arts of the city are represented; embroidery, jade, ivory and ceramics.

Below is porcelain on the house, very detailed and very amazing.


There were a lot of kids here painting and drawing.  Many asked if they could take their picture with us.  It was cute so I asked them to take their picture with me and they really liked this.
This is a carving from Ivory, don't even get it, so amazing!!
Getting on the bus to go home.  Kian has really started to drool and he had to wear bibs from here on out or he would be soaked in minutes.  Weird that he didn't have this problem until now.

There are models everywhere here, mostly doing wedding dresses but all sorts of models in really great clothes and they are all gorgeous.
I bought this painting from this amazing man.  He does them with his finger.  Look at his finger in the ink.  So talented, I cant wait to hang it up at home.

1 comment:

The Simkins Family said...

Okay I'm finally reading your blog! What an amazing journey you're having. So incredible, thanks for sharing with us. What a cute little guy! Hang in there. The months will go by quickly til you're sleeping through most of the nights =). Can't wait to see what else is in store for you! Love you guys!!!
Jess